Monday, December 28, 2009

Tips..help?

My boyfriend is an aspiring singer and he is great at what he does. He has written one song as well as collaborated with many others and around the small city of East Chicago hes famous for those songs but no one else knows about him or probaly have ever heard the songs.I would like to know if there is anyway to boost him up faster and what are the possiblities of him ever getting famous. I want him to reach his dream and i want to help so I need advice any kind of advice to help him out with his muisc aspirations. If you would like to hear the songs IM me and ill link the website for his artist page on Myspace.



www.myspace.com/lovequest07



Tips..help?

I will say it in one little word. YouTube.



Tips..help?

I'm going to have to disagree with all the YouTube enthusiasts out there. When I hear something on YouTube, I immediately think "amateur" and that's not the image you want to project. A MySpace Music Profile is nice. but it still probably won't get a lot of publicity. I recommend sending demos to agents (not labels as you've already hinted to the copyright issue and also many labels will just chuck unsolicited demos in the trash).



Another way to go is to set up a profile on GarageBand.com. I haven't had much experience with that site, but I have heard excellent things from others. Your boyfriend also might want to peruse the classifieds for groups looking for singers. The more he puts himself out there, the better his chances are.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
phone